Known Issues and Error Messages

We're always working to resolve problems that you encounter on Board.Vision. If your problem is listed below, we know about it and are working to fix it.

All Users: Why I can't View my Annotations?
If you have 'turned off' the Eye icon, you will not able to view your annotations on the document.  To view your annotations, tap on the Eye ...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 10:51 PM
Desktop/Laptop Users: Why the Watermark on PDF is Missing after Document Is Uploaded into Board.Vision?
A watermark is a text or an image that appears either in front of or behind existing document content, like a stamp. For example, you could apply a ‘Confide...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:47 PM
Desktop/Laptop Users : Why am I Stuck in Loading Screen after I Entered my Email and Password?
If you encounter this issue, please try to clear the cache in Google chrome. To clear cache, follow the steps below: 1) Open Google Chrome and in th...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:48 PM
Desktop/Laptop Users: Why am I Getting an 'Access Denied' Error Message?
You may have encountered an error message, 'Access Denied. For security purposes, the Board.Vision web application can only be accessed via Google Chrom...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:48 PM
Desktop/Laptop Users: Why Board.Vision does Not Save my Login Information?
When first time logging into Board.Vision via Goggle Chrome, you will see a prompt message on the screen, ‘Save Password?’.  To allow your login informa...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:49 PM
iOS and Android Users: Why I don't See the Login Window?
If you tap on the Board.Vision app and see the below screens,  This could be caused by the following: 1) Your mobile Javascript has been switched off. ...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:49 PM
iOS and Android Users: Why am I Getting this Error Message 'Please connect to the internet to access Board.Vision'?
If you encounter an error message 'Please connect to the internet to access Board.Vision'. It is because of no network connectivity. To resolve ...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:50 PM
iOS and Android Users: Why am I Seeing a Blank Screen While Accessing the Document?
If you see a blank screen while accessing the document, it is because the system failed to load the document with password encryption.  To resolve this ...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:51 PM
iOS Users: What can I do f the App Unexpectedly Quits, Stops Responding, Won’t Open, or Crashed?
Ctrl+Alt+Delete is not just necessary on Windows and other desktop operating systems. Applications can freeze or get stuck in bad states on modern iPhones a...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 10:52 PM
iOS Users: Why I Cannot Sign in to Board.Vision Account Using Face ID?
Board.Vision has the Face ID login functionality.  When first time logging into Board.Vision via Face ID supported mobile devices, you will see a prompt...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:51 PM