Welcome to Board.Vision Tutorials. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to act on an approval as an alternate Director.
To act on approval as an alternate Director:
1) Log in to the Board.Vision App with your registered email address and password.
2) Once you have logged in, you will be directed to your Upcoming Items.
3) Tap on the Approval from the Upcoming Items.
4) You will be directed to the Vote on behalf pop-up window. Choose the principal director you want to act for (see yellow box), then tap on Confirm.
Important Note: If you have been added as Director and Alternate Director in the Approval, you will be able to see your name and the Director's name who has appointed you as an alternate director.
5) Once you have tapped on Confirm, you will see a pop-up message to inform you are acting as an alternate Director to a Director. E.g. You're the alternate Director to Gary Tee.
6) From the Approval document,
a) Tap on the Supporting button (see blue box) at the bottom right corner, to view the supporting document(s) associated with the Approval.
b) Tap on the Action button (see red box) at the bottom right corner, to proceed to act on the Approval.
Important Note: The blue badge icon on the Action button, indicates that you are acting as an alternate director.
7) Once you have tapped on the Action button, you will have the option to:
a) Submit a response action by tapping on Approve, Disapprove, or Abstain (see blue box).
b) Enter a comment if you desire, before submitting your response action by tapping on Add Remarks (see red box).
Note: Your remarks can be viewed by other Voters.
c) View the Approval document details by tapping on Approval Info (see yellow box).
d) Switch your role as a Director or an Alternate Director by tapping on Switch Role (see green box).
Important Note: No matter which role you have chosen (as Director or Alternate Director), once you have done annotation on the Approval document, the annotated copy will be shared between these two roles.
8) If you had entered any remarks, once you have tapped on a response action, you will be prompted to edit your remarks on the Edit Remarks screen.
Tap on your existing remarks if required to amend (see blue box), then tap on Continue.
9) Next, on this Signature screen, you have an option to:
a) Use the e-signature that you have stored in Board.Vision by selecting Load Signature,
b) Apply an e-signature by signing within the white box, OR
c) Tap on Continue without applying an e-signature.
10) Once you have tapped on Continue, if the Approval requires an OTP to affirm your response, you will receive a 6-digit OTP on your registered mobile phone number via SMS. Alternatively, you can use Authy* to generate an OTP.
11) Once the authentication has been verified successfully, your response will be captured on the Approval Information page.
12) However if there are any pending actions from you, you will see a Pending Action pop-up window (see yellow box).
To continue to act on the Approval, choose a user from the list then tap on Confirm OR tap on Continue to Approval Info.
13) On the Approval Information page, you will be able to view your response and remarks if any. E.g. You Approved.
If the principal Director did not respond to the Approval, he/she will be shown under the No Response status.
Important Note: When the principal Director submits his response action, his/her response will overwrite the alternate Director's response. The alternate Director's response will be hidden on the Approval Information page.
When your principal Director has responded to the approval before you, the approval will be moved to the Completed page and no action is required from you. The approval status will reflect as No Action Taken (see yellow box).
To view your Director's response, tap on the Approval from the Completed page. Then, tap on Show Voters. The Director's response will be shown under Approved / Disapproved / Abstained status. And you will be shown under No Response status.
You have successfully responded to an approval as an alternate Director.
Congratulations! You have completed the tutorial on how to act on an approval as an alternate Director.
If you face any issues, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at email@example.com or +65 69097100 and we will be happy to help.
Our hotline operating hours are from Mondays to Fridays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM SGT (excluding weekends and public holidays)