Welcome to Board.Vision Tutorials. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to circulate a disclosure as of the appointment date.
Important Note: Board.Vision web app is supported on Google Chrome (version 65.0 and later) and Microsoft Edge (version 87.0 and later).
To circulate a disclosure as of the appointment date:
1) Log in to your Director Disclosure account using your registered email address and password.
2) Once you are logged in, both Sections 156 and 165 will be visible on your screen.
3) Click on the Section 165 button next to Section 156 and you will be directed to the Current Shareholdings section.
4) Click on the Arrow down icon and select Shareholdings By Appointment Date from the dropdown menu and you will be directed to the Related Companies section.
5) Click on the + icon .
6) On the Add Disclosure pop-up window,
a) Select the company from the Company Name dropdown list.
Note: The Company Name dropdown list shows all the companies added in your Section 156 Current Appointments/Interests.
b) Select the appointment type from the Appointment/Interest dropdown list.
Note: The Appointment/Interest dropdown list shows the type of appointment(s) of the company you have selected in the Company Name field.
c) The Appointment Date will be auto-filled based on your appointment date of the selected company added in Section 156 Current Appointments/Interests.
Then, click on the Save Reference button.
To preview and download the disclosure report:
1) Click on View from the View Disclosure column. Then, the report will be opened in the new tab.
2) To save the report onto your laptop/desktop, click on the Download icon at the top right.
Note: The disclosure report is generated based on the related companies group shareholding balance at the given appointment date.
To edit the disclosure information:
1) Click on the Pen icon from the Action column.
2) On the Edit Disclosure pop-up window, change the information as necessary then click on the Save Reference button and it will be updated accordingly.
To delete an entry:
1) Click on the Trash icon from the Action column.
2) On the Remove Disclosure pop-up window, click on the Confirm button. Then, the record will be permanently removed from the system.
To send the disclosure:
1) Click on the Send Disclosure button from the Action column.
2) On the Send Disclosure pop-up window, select the Section 165 Disclosure checkbox and you will be required to preview your disclosure.
3) Select the Okay, Preview button on the Preview Disclosure pop-up window to preview your disclosure report.
4) To edit the recipient list, click on the Edit Distribution List button.
5) The recipients in the Distribution List will include the Directors and Secretaries of the new Company only.
- If you wish to send the disclosure to other recipients not listed within the recipient list, enter their email addresses into the CC field.
- If you wish to save the distribution list for your next circulation, select the Save Distribution List for next circulation checkbox.
Then, scroll down and click on the Save button.
6) If you wish to preview the disclosure again, you can do so by clicking the Eye icon which is next to the Edit Distribution List button.
7) Once everything is confirmed, you can choose to:
- Circulate the disclosure by clicking Yes, Send to proceed; or
- Notify the Authorised Preparer to circulate the disclosure on your behalf by clicking Notify Preparer to Send.
If you choose to send the disclosure, you will receive two email notifications from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email 1: To all the Directors and Cc all the Company Secretaries (BV company) and Authorised Preparer who were selected in the distribution list, with the title “'Director's Name' – Director’s disclosure pursuant to Section 165 of the Companies Act 1967”.
Email 2: To all the Company Secretaries (Non-BV Company) who were selected in the distribution list and Cc Authorised Preparer and you, with the title “'Director's Name' – Director’s disclosure pursuant to Section 165 of the Companies Act 1967”.
If you choose to notify the Authorised Preparer to circulate the disclosure on your behalf, you will receive one email notification from email@example.com.
To the Authorised Preparer and Cc you, with the title “You have been authorised to circulate director's disclosure(s) for 'Director's Name'”.
Once the disclosure has been sent successfully, the record will be removed from the Shareholdings By Appointment Date Section.
To view and download the disclosure history report:
1) Click on the Arrow Down button at the top right.
2) From the drop-down menu, click on Shareholding By Date. Then, you will be directed to the View History - Shareholding By Date page.
3) From the Circulated Disclosure column, click on View. The Circulation History report will be opened in a new tab.
Important Note: If your Authorised Preparer has circulated the disclosure on your behalf with a supporting document, his / her name will be reflected under Circulate By column, and you will be able to view the supporting document under the Supporting Evidence column.
4) To save the Circulation History report onto your laptop/desktop, click on the Download icon at the top right.
Congratulations! You have completed the tutorial on how to circulate a disclosure as of the appointment date.
If you face any issues in completing the steps shown in this tutorial, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 69097100 and we will be happy to help.
Our hotline operating hours are from Mondays to Fridays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM SGT (excluding ublic holidays).