Welcome to Board.Vision Tutorials. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to decline to sign a document.
Important Note: Board.Vision web app is supported on Google Chrome (version 65.0 and later) and Microsoft Edge (version 87.0 and later).
To decline to sign a document:
1) Access your Inbox or Junk email.
2) Search for an email from email@example.com, with the title “SmartSign - ‘Preparer’s Name’ has sent you a document to review and sign”.
3) From the email, click on the Review Document link in green. Then, you will be directed to the document page.
4) On the document page, click on Decline.
5) On the Decline to sign? pop-up window, enter the reason. Then, click on Yes, Decline.
6) Once declined successfully, you will be directed to the screen below.
7) An email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Document was declined” will be sent to all the Signatories, Observer(s), and the preparer.
Note: In a parallel signing workflow, All the signatories receive the document at the same time and can sign in any order. When one of the signatories has declined the document, an email will be sent to ALL the signatories, observers, and preparers.
However, for sequential signing workflow, signatories receive and sign the document in the order that their e-mail addresses were entered into the Add Signatories field. If signatory 1 declines the document, signatory 2 will not be notified as he/she has not received any email to review and sign.
Declining to act on the document will have an effect on all the Signatories including yourself.
Upon clicking on the link in the email, all the Signatories will be directed to the screen below.
Congratulations! You have completed the tutorial on how to decline to sign a document.
If you face any issues in completing the steps shown in this tutorial, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at email@example.com or +65 69097100 and we will be happy to help.
Our hotline operating hours are from Mondays to Fridays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM SGT (excluding public holidays).