To enable the automatic updating of iOS apps:
1. Open the 'Settings' app on the iPhone or iPad
2. Go to 'iTunes & App Store'
3. Under the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section, look for 'Updates' and toggle that switch to the ON position
To enable automatic app updates in Android:
1. Open the 'Play Store' app.
2. Press the 'Menu' button located at the upper-left corner.
3. Select 'Settings'.
4. Select 'Auto-update apps'.
5. Choose 'Auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply' as desired. Some devices may have the option to update on Wi-Fi only as well.