Welcome to Board.Vision Tutorials. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to set up an authenticator app for your Office 365 Account.
To set up an authenticator app for your Office 365 Account:
1) Start by opening the browser of your choice and going to Office.com. Once you are logged in, you can access security settings by clicking the icon in the upper right of your window. Then click View account.
2) Next, click Security Info in the left-hand menu, or the UPDATE INFO link under the Security info section on the main account page.
Both security info links will lead to the same menu.
3) The Security Info section will show the methods you have set up for sign-in or account reset. Click the + Add method option at the top.
4) Select the Authenticator app. Then, click on Add.
5) You will be prompted to download the Microsoft Authenticator app. This dialogue includes a link to the app or you can find it in the app store for iPhone or the Google Play store for Android. Click the Next button to begin.
After you have downloaded and installed Microsoft Authenticator on your smart device, it’s time to link it to your Office 365 account.
6) In the app, tap the vertical three dots in the upper right corner of your phone screen. Then, tap Add account.
7) When prompted, select school or work account. The following steps are very similar. Log into your account with your username and password.
This will open a barcode scanner on your phone. If prompted, please allow the application to access your phone’s camera.
8)Take your phone and scan the QR code that is displayed on your computer screen. You will not need to click anything for it to scan.
Once your phone says “account set up successfully” and you see the account in the authenticator app, click Next on your computer.
9) Microsoft will send a test approval request to your phone. Click Approve on your phone.
Your account is now secured with multi-factor authentication, using the Microsoft Authenticator app.
If you face any issues, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at email@example.com or +65 69097100 and we will be happy to help.
Our hotline operating hours are from Mondays to Fridays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM SGT (excluding public holidays)