Clearing the Google Play Store cache and data can help eliminate error messages, connection failures, etc. It is a known issue with Google Play Store.
Android 6.0 and Higher Devices
1) Go to the Settings and tap Apps.
2) Tap the Google Play Store app listed here and long press on Storage.
3) When you release the Storage section, a new screen will appear showing you the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons for the Google Play Store app.
4) Tap Clear Cache, then tap Clear data.
5) Tap OK.
For Android 5.1 and Lower Devices
1) Go to the Settings, scroll down and under tab and tap on .
2) Under Downloaded apps, scroll down to tap on Google Play Store.
3) Tap Clear Cache, then tap Clear Data.
4) Tap OK.