Get to Know More about Board.Vision

How do I Know My Board.Vision Account Has Been Created ?
Once your account has been created by your Administrator, you will receive an email confirmation from notifications@board.vision, with the title ‘Welcome to...
Thu, 30 Jul, 2020 at 1:51 PM
Can I Change My Email Address Once My Account is Activated ?
Once you have successfully activated your account, this email address is set as default in Board.Vision.  If you would like to change your email address...
Thu, 30 Jul, 2020 at 2:03 PM
Can I Use One Email Account for Multiple Companies?
Yes, Board.Vision allows you to use one email account for multiple entities. This helps you manage various entities on a single platform.
Sat, 25 Jul, 2020 at 7:36 PM
Can I Receive My OTP if I Am Overseas ?
As long as your telco provides SMS services overseas, you should not have any issue receiving your OTP overseas.
Sat, 25 Jul, 2020 at 7:36 PM
What Happens if I Do Not Receive OTP Via SMS ?
If you did not receive your OTP via SMS, you can use Authy to generate an alternate OTP.  Authy is an authentication app to generate an OTP and it works...
Tue, 8 Sep, 2020 at 10:41 AM
Why OTP is Required for First Time Log In to Board.Vision Account ?
One-Time Password (OTP) adds another level of security by relying on the user to provide a unique pin number after the user login with his credentials.   ...
Sat, 25 Jul, 2020 at 7:37 PM
What Can I Do if I Forgot My Board.Vision Username ?
If you are unsure what your registered email address is, you may check with your Administrator. 
Thu, 30 Jul, 2020 at 12:42 PM
If I Decide to Cancel my Subscription, What Happens to my Data?
In the event of a subscription cancellation, you have the option to extract all your data and information. If you encounter any difficulties, we offer dat...
Thu, 30 Jul, 2020 at 2:10 PM