Welcome to Board.Vision Tutorials. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to create a document for electronic signature.
Important Note: Board.Vision web app is supported on Google Chrome (version 65.0 and later) and Microsoft Edge (version 87.0 and later).
To create a document for electronic signature:
1) Log in to your Board.Vision account using your registered email address and password.
2) From the left navigation menu, go to SmartSign, and click on +Add Document.
3) On the Create Document page,
a) Click on Choose File to upload a document.
Note: The document must be in PDF format and the maximum file size is 20MB.
b) Enter the Document Name into the Document Name field.
c) Under the Signing Method field, Electronic Signature will be auto-selected by default.
d) Scroll down to Add Signatories and choose from the following three methods:
i) Enter the user's email address in the Add Signatories field.
ii) Click on Add BV User and select Board.Vision active users from the Search to Add Signatory dropdown list.
iii) Click on Add Me to add yourself as a signatory.
Note: If the ‘OTP required’ checkbox is selected, the Signatory will be required to enter a one-time password (OTP) after he/she signs and before he/she submits the document.
e) If you want all signatories to receive the document for signing at the same time, you are required to add all signatories to box 1.
However, if you want to set the sequence of the signing, you are required to add the signatories in separate boxes e.g., boxes 1 and 2. In this case, signatories in box 1 will receive the document for signing before the document is routed to the signatories in box 2. Each signatory will automatically receive an email notification at the stage when the previous signatory has completed the document.
f) You can also add a user to the CC field by clicking on Add CC. Then, enter the user's email address under the Notify Other Users (Optional) field.
Note: The user in the CC field can view the document and the signatories’ signatures. The role will be that of an observer and he/she is unable to sign the document.
g) To add a message in the email notification to all the users, enter your message into the Message field. Then, click on Next to proceed.
4) Once you have clicked on Next, you will be directed to the Edit Document page. On the Edit Document page,
a) Select the users from the signatory's dropdown list.
b) Add the field type on the document such as follows:
vi) Add text
c) If you wish to clear all the fields you have inserted, click on Reset All Fields.
5) Then, click on Send. If the document is not ready to be sent, you may click on Save As Draft.
Note: If you click on Close, your document will not be saved.
6) Once you have clicked on Send, a Confirm pop-out window will be shown. Click on Confirm to proceed to send the document for signing.
7) Once the document has been sent successfully, the status will be updated to "In Circulation".
8) As the Preparer, you will receive an email notification from email@example.com with the title “SmartSign -Your document has been sent for signature(s)”.
9) All Signatories will receive a separate email notification from firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “SmartSign - ‘Preparer's Name’ has sent you a document to review and sign”.
10) The Observer(s) who are added to the Notify Other Users (Optional) field, will receive an email notification from email@example.com with the title “SmartSign - ‘Preparer's Name’ has sent you a copy of document for information”.
1) Each signatory/observer will receive a separate email with a unique link to access the document, and Preparer will not be in the CC field.
2) Signatories can access the link in the email as long as the status of the document is "In Circulation" or "Completed".
Congratulations! You have completed the tutorial on how to create a document for electronic signature.
If you face any issues in completing the steps shown in this tutorial, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 69097100 and we will be happy to help.
Our hotline operating hours are from Mondays to Fridays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM SGT (excluding public holidays).