Known Issues and Error Messages

We're always working to resolve problems that you encounter on Board.Vision. If your problem is listed below, we know about it and are working to fix it.

iOS Users: Why am I Not Receiving Push Notification from Board.Vision?
If you're not receiving an expected push notification from Board.Vision, it is possible you have disallowed push notification for the Board.Vision app o...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:52 PM
Android Users: Why I Unable to Install the Board.Vision App into the Android Devices?
If you encounter this issue, please try to clear the Google Play Store cache and data. Clearing the Google Play Store cache and data can help eliminate ...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:52 PM
Android Users: Why the Board.Vision App has Stopped?
An "Unfortunately, the app has stopped" error is very common in Android devices, and many factors will cause the error, such as apps outdated, the...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:53 PM
Android Users: Why App Crashed While Accessing a Document?
If you encounter the Board.Vision app crashes while accessing a document, it is because the system failed to load the document with password encryption.  ...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:53 PM
Android Users: Why the Board.Vision App Crashes When You are Trying to Login?
You may encounter the Board.Vision App crashes when you are trying to log in to your Board.Vision account the following day. One of the reasons is that your...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:54 PM
All Users: Why OTP Messages Coming from Different Numbers?
Board.Vision uses multiple providers and phone numbers (e.g. Singtel / Starhub / M1) to send OTP messages for security and redundancy purposes. Irrespectiv...
Wed, 22 Sep, 2021 at 4:50 PM
iOS Users: Why I Cannot Sign in to Board.Vision Account Using Touch ID?
Board.Vision has the Touch ID login functionality.  When first time logging into Board.Vision via Touch ID supported mobile devices, you will see a prom...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:54 PM
All Users: What can I do if Board.Vision Notification Emails Go to Junk or Spam Folder in Outlook
Email addresses and domain names in the Safe Senders List are never treated as junk email, regardless of the content of the message.  You can add your Cont...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 10:51 PM
All Users: Why does Text Disappear in PDF after Being Uploaded to Board.Vision?
One of the reasons that cause text missing in the document after being uploaded to Board.Vision is because the document you have uploaded is in PDF Form for...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 1:06 PM
All Users: How to Force Quit a Running Board.Vision App for Different Devices
Here are the steps to force-quit a running Board.Vision App for different devices. Laptop and Desktop Ctrl+Alt+Delete is not just necessary on Windows and...
Sat, 6 May, 2023 at 12:56 PM